BUILDINGS, INSTITUTIONAL & HEALTHCARE
PETRONAS Twin Towers & Suria KLCC Shopping Complex
The Kuala Lumpur City Centre is a mixed development consisting of the 88-storey PETRONAS Twin Towers and the Suria KLCC Shopping Complex. Standing at 451m to the tip of its spire, the Twin Towers are the tallest identical structures in the world.
The 51-storey Maxis Tower which RBSB provided the civil and structural engineering services was designed in oval shape, to uniquely resolve uncertain wind behaviour caused by adjacent high-rise buildings.
Marina Doha Office Tower, Qatar
This office tower consists of a 25-storey building built on an area of 6000 square metres.
Royal Group Headquarters
Ranhill Bersekutu has secured Abu Dhabi project which house the headquarters of the Royal Group and First Gulf Bank.
The building is a 35 storey office tower with 4 basements located at Jalan Binjai/JalanAmpang Kuala Lumpur.
It is the first dedicated office tower in Malaysia to be awarded dual green certification-Malaysia’s Green Building Index Design Assessment for GBI Certification and a Green Mark Gold CerPficaPon (Provisional) by Singapore’s Building and Construction Authority.
Menara Binjai’s energy-efficient operations through the materials used and features allow up to 25 percent savings on electricity and air conditioning consumption.
ICON Mixes Development Tabriz, Iran
This is a 58-storey bank headquarters building Mechanical and electrical works incorporated in the building include a large energy efficient air conditioning system with a total tonnage of 4400 TR, 32 lifts and a very advance internal communication system that includes the first local telelift system for conveying documents, mail etc. The system uses electrically driven ‘cars’ that run on rails.
Notable features of the building design included the difficult task of providing air conditioning and smoke control to the bank hall under a massive space frame roofing which runs up to the 9th floor level as well as the ventilation system to the 3 level underground car park which can accommodate 1500 cars.
Ranhill was responsible for the engineering of all mechanical and electrical works and the building was completed in 1987.
The unique form of the 77-storey Telekom Headquarters building is based on a central square core linking two arched wings, creating an asymmetrical composition of curves and planes.
The Aga Khan award winning The Datai Langkawi is a world-class beach resort in which RBSB was the consultant for mechanical and electrical engineering services.
Bukit Jalil Golf and Country Resort
The 18-hole Bukit Jalil Golf and Country Resort is sprawled over 165-acre site. RBSB provided master planning and detailed design for infrastructure works, as well as the civil and structural design for the clubhouse.
Pelangi Beach Resort
RBSB provided EIA and comprehensive engineering service for the Pelangi Beach Resort, one of the earliest resorts in Langkawi. In 1991, the Pelangi Beach Resort project received the ACEM Award of High Commendation.
• Hanoi Inn, Vietnam
• Eden Garden Hotel / Zon Shopping Complex, Johor
• Puteri Pan Pacific Hotel / Kota-Raya Shopping Complex, Johor
• Regent Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
• Pan Pacific Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
• PJ Hilton Hotel, Selangor
• New World & Ramada Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
• Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
• Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
• Vistana Hotel, Penang
• KL Sentral Shopping Complex, Kuala Lumpur
• Bank Negara Headquarters, Kuala Lumpur
• Keck Seng Building, Kuala Lumpur
• Dayabumi Complex, Kuala Lumpur
• Public Bank Building, Johor
• Lembaga Urusan Tabung Haji (LUTH), Kuala Lumpur
• Ritz Carlton Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
• Menara Alor Setar, Kedah
• DHI Family Club, Pakistan
• Tanjung Aru Resort, Sabah
• Bukit Kiara Resort, Selangor
• Awana Golf Resort/ Condominium, Genting Highlands
• Pulau Tioman Resort, Pahang
• Taman Negara Resort, Pahang
• Mutiara Beach Hotel. Penang
Space Station 1 Residential and Commercial Development
Phase 1 – 13 residential blocks of 30 storey apartments buildings Phase 2 – Commercial Area
City of Lights – Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi
This project is a development of two residential towers i.e RT-3-28 and RT-3-29 located in Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE – a residential, commercial and business project.
Marina Doha Residential Tower, Qatar
This residential tower consists of a 20-storey building built on an area of 4000 square metres.
Prince Hotel & Service Apartments
The RM 280 million development is a 5-star Hotel of 450 rooms and 180 Service Apartments.
• Ritchie Court, Kuala Lumpur
• MiCasa Service Apartment, Kuala Lumpur
• Sri Damansara Condominiums, Kuala Lumpur
• Suasana Sentral Condominiums, Kuala Lumpur
• Madge Condominiums, Kuala Lumpur
• Persiaran Ritchie Condominiums, Kuala Lumpur
• Suria Stonor, Kuala Lumpur
• Jalan Mayang Luxury Condominiums, Kuala Lumpur
• Idaman Residence, Kuala Lumpur
• Astana Town Centre, Kazakhstan
PNB Darby Park
The 39-storey PNB Darby Park nestles within the heart of the business and shopping district of Kuala Lumpur, consists of 340-unit service apartments completed with 4-storey of commercial
RBSB was the mechanical and electrical engineering consultant for the 21-storey luxurious high-end condominium
Villa Angsana Condominium
RBSB was the comprehensive engineering consultant for the 756-unit Villa Angsana Condominium.
INSTITUTIONAL & HEALTHCARE
PETRONAS Technology University
RBSB was the civil and structural designer for the PETRONAS Technology University campus which is built on a 400 hectare site in Tronoh. A significant feature is the 1.6km long canopy above the whole complex, one of the world’s largest canopies. This project has been awarded the “Aga Khan Award” in 2007.
National Heart Institute
The 275-bed National Heart Institute provides sophisticated and computerized cardiovascular related treatments. RBSB undertook the civil and structural engineering services for this cardiothoracic centre.
Tuanku Mizan Armed Forces Hospital, Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This is a 250-bed hospital. The scope of services in general covers planning, design, cost estimate and construction supervision in the capacity of professional M & E consultancy services to the turnkey contractor.
The development covers an area of approximately 35 acres. It is estimated about 85,000 military personnel and dependants are residing in the Klang Valley. About 50,000 ex-servicemen reside in Klang Valley which will impose an additional work load to the existing hospital.
Since it is a hospital built for the armed forces, it has several installations which are different from other hospitals such as a need for disaster management, hyperbaric chamber, and nuclear burns centre.
The need statement requirement was to provide an appropriate standard of technology in the medical field with latest mechanical and electrical building services technology and infrastructure at an established ceiling cost, in collaboration with the end user.
International Islamic University Malaysia
The International Islamic University Malaysia, covering 700 acres, is nestled in a valley in Gombak, a suburb of Kuala Lumpur. RBSB undertook the planning and design of civil and structural works for the infrastructure, central complexes and library.
Industrial Training Institute Kuala Langat
RBSB provided comprehensive engineering services to the Industrial Training Institute Kuala Langat which has lecture halls, workshops, administration buildings, residential blocks and sports facilities
Serdang Hospital is a showpiece hospital constructed using structural steel instead of typical concrete – the first hospital of its kind in the country. This hospital was built with specialty in Cardiothoracic and Urology, and will serve as a learning institution for the nation. It has a total capacity of 620 beds and 17 wards. The main block, being the essential part of the hospital, is an 8-storey building, covering a gross floor area of 129,000m2. There are 20 operating theatres, an auditorium hall, seminar rooms, administrative areas, staff quarters and other amenities.
• Johor State Legislative Assembly Hall
• Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Dan Teknologi Malaysia, Pahang
• Kolej Universiti Teknikal Kebangsaan Malaysia, Melaka
• UUM Temporary Campus, Kedah
• Industrial Training Institutes in Perlis and Sarawak
• Kuantan – Pekan Road Rehabilitation, Pahang
• Matriculation Colleges in Alor Gajah, Kuala Pilah and Pongsu Seribu
• Science, Humanities and Economics Faculties of UKM, Selangor
• Nucleus Hospitals (11 units throughout Malaysia)
• 250-bed Military Hospital, Kuala Lumpur
• Teluk Intan Hospital, Perak (ACE Aus. Merit Award,1988)
- Date January 7, 2013
- Tags Photography, Web Development