Ir. Sofiana Balkhis Talha
Section Director of Technical Services - Geotechnical
- Sofiana Balkis Talha holds a MSc. (Soil Mechanics and Environmental Geotechnics) (London) and Diploma of Imperial College, 1993, B. Eng (Hons) (Civil) (Brighton),1992 and Diploma (Civil) (ITM), 1990.
- She has more than 24 years of experience and started her career with SSP Geotechnics Sdn. Bhd in 1993 as a Geotechnical Engineer and was promoted as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in 1993, Associate in 1997 and Associate Director in 2001.
- In 2006, she took a position of a Senior Lecturer in Faculty of Civil Engineering, UiTM, Shah Alam and taught several Diploma and Degree subjects besides some consultancy works such as Preliminary Ground Assessment and Ground Treatment Design at Pulau Indah, Klang, Bored Pile Design and Construction Monitoring at Brickfields and Stability Check and Analysis of Jeddah East Lake Dam, Saudi Arabia.
- In 2007, she joined Structural & Geotechnical Discipline at Ranhill Bersekutu Sdn. Bhd. and has since been involved with various projects such as Aurora Tower: Proposed Mixed Commercial Re-Development on Lot 149, Jln. Ampang, 2 Towers of 64 and 41 Storeys with 6 Levels Basement Car Park, Proposed Development of Jewel Land in Iskandar, Johor Bharu, The New Permanent Low Cost Carrier terminal, KLIA 2 and etc.
- In 2016, she was appointed as a Division Director for Geotechnical Division.